Grilled Asparagus and Macadamia Salad
- A bunch of Asparagus
- 6 baby Tomatoes, quartered
- Sheep’s milk Feta for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup of good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sweet Basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black Pepper
- A handful of raw Macadamia nuts, toasted
- Cooking Olive Oil for drizzling
Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Wash and dry the asparagus spears and then place them in a baking dish. Drizzle on some cooking olive oil. Broil for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Now for the dressing. Add the olive oil to a small mixing bowl with the lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Mix quickly to emulsify to the mixture. Set aside.
Lightly toast the macadamia nuts over a medium heat for about 2 minutes. Remove and then roughly chop. Arrange the asparagus on a serving plate.
Add the tomatoes, macadamias and sprinkle on some feta. Finish by drizzling on the pre-made garlic basil oil and serve.